Sunday, August 2, 2015

Presumption of Shared Goals...Or, the Ridiculous-ness of an Auto-reply From an Elected Official Who Knows That You Know That He Knows He is Full of it...

Ah yes, the bureaucratic auto-reply of thoughtlessness and double-speak.
I believe Hannah Arendt referred to it as the "banality of evil." 
It's cool though because Mr. Senator respects the deeply held beliefs of...blah, blah, blah. 

Dear Mr. Malcolm:
Thank you for contacting me to share your views on abortion.  I do appreciate hearing from you.
I support the right of women to make their own health and reproductive decisions.  For that reason, I oppose efforts to weaken the basic holding of Roe v. Wade.
We all share the goal of reducing unwanted pregnancies and abortions. The right way to do this is through education and access to health care and contraception rather than by restricting or criminalizing women's reproductive decisions.  Please know that I respect the deeply held beliefs of Americans on both sides of the issue, and I will keep your thoughts in mind. 
Again, thank you for contacting me.
Sincerely,
Tim Kaine


I mean, really...same goals. So you know...its all good. It's as if we totally agree, there's really no difference between our positions.








No comments:

Post a Comment